5.04.2009

A Colorful Correspondence

To me, there is nothing more delightful or surprising than receiving a handwritten note or letter in the mailbox. I love it so much that I send something to someone (usually my sister, an aunt or out of town friend) at least once a week. In fact, I have an entire file-sized drawer in my desk dedicated to stationery. I am always on the lookout for new fresh and colorful paper goods to add to my stash and brighten someone's mailbox.

Last week, I found a new favorite at PaperDolls of Saratoga at 80 Henry Street. Just in at PaperDolls is the stationery collection from Lilly Pulitzer. The collection is perfect, ranging from everyday to elegant and all with Lilly's signature cheery botanical designs and bright colors.



The Lilly Notecard Book is just my style - 10 tear out style cards in a variety of patterns paired with solid colored envelopes with adorable bamboo bordered to & from address spaces. The cards can't get lost in my big filing drawer and the envelopes tuck neatly into the box.



For you girly-girls out there, the Lilly Dress Note Cards are super cute with die-cut dresses that kind of remind me of a luau with Lilly's vibrant floral patterns.



A bit more elegant, the flat Letterpress Correspondence Cards just say classy. Made from thick textured paper and with simpler versions of Lilly's patterns they are perfect for a short note or thank you. To me, the lemon design is perfect for summer. I can just see myself opening the mail on the porch with a cool glass of lemonade - receiving one of these along with the usual bills and credit card offers would be a treat!



Imprintable cards are also available and can be personalized right at PaperDolls. If you like having your name or initials on your correspondence, these cards are perfect. They would also make a great graduation or birthday gift! Also keep in mind that you can get free personalization on any purchase made at the Saratoga Mama event at PaperDolls on June 4th! Details here.



Now, if you aren't one for snail mail there are many other choices for you in the Lilly line at PaperDolls - the circle notes would look great on any kitchen counter or desk. There is also a great sticker & label book that includes "this belongs to" and to/from labels along with floral and graphic seals to match the entire line. Pens are available in several patterns which would round out a gift of stationery nicely.

PaperDolls also carries several other fine collections of stationery including one of my all time favorites, Crane & Co. They have a large variety of unique designer greeting cards perfect for special occasions and the upcoming wedding season. From custom invitations and announcements to everyday stationery essentials and unique planners and journals, PaperDolls has it all. Check it out and tell owners Cora and Sarah that Saratoga Mama sent you - and don't forget your S.M. token for 10% off your purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment