5.27.2009

I just cant get enough!

Lately, I just can't seem to get enough of Spa Cascada. It all started at the mama's night out last month, when I fell in love with the ambiance at the spa and had one of the best-I've-ever-had eyebrow waxes with Amy. Then, a few weeks ago, I treated myself to an amazing facial with Amy as a Mother's Day gift to myself. It was a fantastic way to spend a relaxing and refreshing Saturday afternoon. My skin needed it too - I am about 20 weeks pregnant and this pregnancy has not been kind to my skin. Hair and nails are great, but I have had some awful breakouts and rosacea flare ups compliments to my English and Irish genes and some dreadful pregnancy hormones. Amy recommended the Vital C line from Image Skincare, and I indulged. Usually, I am a 'whats on sale at the drugstore' kind of girl when it comes to facial cleanser and moisturizers. This line has changed my mind! After sampling and subsequently purchasing the cleanser, I returned to the spa to check out the moisturizer. Amy and Katherine let me check out samples of the rest of the line, including a day serum, nighttime moisturizer, sunscreen, masque and even a hand cream! I love it all and my face does too - the breakouts are all gone and the rosacea is finally clearing up. Usually this time of year I've had a couple burns from gardening in the spring sun but not yet, thanks to the awesome sunscreen. It smells great and I know its not full of pore-clogging chemicals.

Then, last Thursday I had a minor emergency. We were on our way to NYC for the weekend to attend a swanky wedding in Tribeca and I realized that I hadn't had an eyebrow wax since the mama's night out! As usual, the ladies over at Spa Cascada were super accommodating and fit me in first thing in the morning. I had another fantastic wax, this time with Mary. I just couldn't resist on my way out and grabbed a new tubs of mascara. It was a complete afterthought but I was so glad for my impulse. The spa carries Blinc Mascara which is an interesting concept in mascara - it coats the eyelashes with "tubes" of the product rather than 'painting' the lashes. The package claimed it was water, tear and sweat proof and would roll off the lashes gently with a bit of water and gently pressure. I was skeptical at first but very pleasantly surprised! Not only did it hold up ALL day walking around the city and through the evening at the wedding, but it did truly roll right off in little tubes when I washed my face before bed. No running, no crusty eyelashes, no racoon eyes. I think I may start using the stuff every day - and if you know me at all this is monumental, I hardly ever wear any makeup!

Don't forget to check out the Image Skincare line and Blinc Mascara at Spa Cascada, or treat yourself to a eyebrow wax for a quick pick-me-up or even a relaxing spa facial! I recommend them all with flying colors. AND - don't forget your S.M. token for 10% off on all Spa services!

Spa Cascada :: 487 Broadway, 2nd floor

1 comment: